Attorneys who have filed electronically in the Northern District of Georgia prior to April 15, 2019, must log in to CM/ECF using their individual, upgraded PACER account and link their PACER account to their existing Northern District of Georgia CM/ECF account using these instructions:
- Obtain your own individual PACER account or upgrade your existing individual PACER account.
- Know your current CM/ECF login and password (if unknown, reset password).
- Link your PACER account with CM/ECF.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if I have an upgraded PACER account?
Upgraded PACER accounts have usernames that are at least 8 characters. You may have upgraded your PACER account if you practice before another court that already has migrated to NextGen, such as the Eleventh Circuit. If your username is 6 characters, you do not have an upgraded account. Go to https://www.pacer.gov/ and click on Manage My Account to upgrade your PACER account.
- My law firm uses a shared PACER account. Can we continue to use that account?
Not for e-filing. Each attorney must have an individual PACER account to use for electronic filing. The law firm can create a PACER Administrative Account (PAA) to manage the billing for all of the individual accounts. Staff members who share a PACER account for read-only access may continue to share an account.
- I linked my account when the Court of Appeals or another District or Bankruptcy Court converted. Do I have to link my account again?
Yes, you must link your PACER account to your Northern District of Georgia District Court CM/ECF account before you can file in this Court.
- I am a CJA attorney, and I currently have two PACER accounts. Will I continue to need two accounts with NextGen?
No. If you have two PACER accounts, upgrade the private, non-exempt account. After doing so, contact the PACER Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-676-6856 to move your existing exempt privileges to your upgraded account. Click here for instructions and more information on CJA accounts.
For assistance with creating a PACER account, please contact PACER at 1-800-676-6856 or visit the PACER website at https://www.pacer.gov. To view NextGen CM/ECF electronic learning modules, click here.
For assistance with linking your account, contact the Court at 404-215-1600 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Eastern Time.