INSTRUCTIONS FOR REQUESTING E-FILING ACCESS FOR FEDERAL ATTORNEYS (PROVISIONALLY ADMITTED OR EXEMPT FROM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS)
The instructions below are for attorneys with existing, upgraded PACER accounts who (1) are appearing on behalf of the United States government, (2) are electronically filing in this district for the first time, and (3) are being provisionally admitted to the local bar pending Georgia Bar admission or are exempt by statute from local admission requirements.
Attorneys who have filed electronically in the Northern District of Georgia prior to April 15, 2019, must log in to CM/ECF using their individual, upgraded PACER account and link their PACER account to their existing Northern District of Georgia CM/ECF account and should not follow the steps below to request access to the Court’s ECF system. In addition, federal attorneys who reside in the Northern District of Georgia and already are members of the State Bar of Georgia must follow the directions for regular attorney admissions here.
Otherwise, follow these instructions:
- Go to www.pacer.uscourts.gov and select Manage Your Account -> Manage My Account Login.
- Select Log in to Manage My Account.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Click on the Attorney Admissions/E-File Registration link.
- Select U.S. District Courts as the Court Type and Northern District of Georgia as the Court, and then click Next. [Note: If you do not see Northern District of Georgia in the pick list of courts, you already have access to our court’s ECF system.]
- Select Federal Attorney.
- Verify or update the information populated in the form, and then click Next.
- Verify or update payment information, and then click Next.
- Click to acknowledge the terms and conditions of e-filing, and then click Submit.
Your request will be routed to the Attorney Admissions desk in the Northern District of Georgia. Once your request is verified, access will be granted to the Northern District of Georgia’s ECF system. You may begin e-filing once you receive e-mail confirmation of your approved access request.