Due to the termination of the COVID-19 National Emergency Declaration effective April 10, 2023, and the anticipated termination of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency on May 11, 2023, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia has entered General Order 23-02, which updates the Court’s COVID-19 general and administrative orders. Among other things, General Order 23-02:
- Removes the requirements for entrance screening and mask wearing (with limited exceptions) effective May 11, 2023
- Confirms that the authorization of audio and video conferencing in certain criminal cases under the CARES Act will expire on May 10, 2023
- Authorizes interim compensation for CJA panel attorneys until further notice
- Authorizes electronic filing of sealed documents in criminal cases until further notice
- Authorizes audio-only public access to remote proceedings until it no longer is authorized by the Judicial Conference of the United States
The full text of the order is available here.