Attorney Admission Procedures
Any attorney who is an active member in good standing of the State Bar of Georgia is eligible for admission, (LR 83.1).
- Begin by completing the Attorney Admission Application form here. Complete all required fields, submit the data using the Submit button, and print the resulting form that is displayed on your screen. Obtain wet signatures on all signature lines except the Judge's signature. The signatures of two sponsors are required; all attorneys signing this form are subject to verification of enrollment and good standing with the State Bar of Georgia and the Northern District of Georgia, prior to application approval. The moving attorney can be one of your sponsoring attorneys and will be the attorney to accompany you on the day you are admitted. All sponsoring attorneys must be active members of the Bar of this Court.
- If you complete the form by close of business on Friday, you will be scheduled for the swearing-in ceremony held the following Monday at 9:30 A.M., for the Atlanta division only. Please note that we do not have ceremonies on Tuesdays following a Federal holiday. If you need an alternate date, please contact the Court at 404-215-1600.
- In the Gainesville, Newnan and Rome divisions, proceedings are not conducted weekly and you must call in advance for an appearance date.
- You will need to bring the following to the Admission Ceremony:
- $176.00 - cash or check (payable to "Clerk, U.S. District Court"). Firm checks are accepted, but are subject to collection.
- A copy of your Attorney Admission Application with original (wet) signatures.
- The attorney seeking admission must personally appear to take the oath.
- The attorney seeking admission must be accompanied by a member in good standing of the Bar of this Court who will move for the applicant's admission in open court.
- A State Bar of Georgia bar card and photo identification are required.
- After the admission ceremony is complete in the courtroom, you will return to the Clerk's Office (room 2211) to receive additional information. You will automatically receive your CM/ECF username and password within 3 business days.
In Atlanta, report to the Court (with completed application, fee and sponsoring attorney) between 8:00 and 9:00 A.M. Attorneys must be processed and in the designated courtroom by 9:20 A.M. The Admissions proceedings begin promptly at 9:30 A.M.
Contact information for each of the divisions are:
- Atlanta: Room 2211, 75 Spring Street, S.W. (404-215-1600)
- Gainesville: Room 201, 121 Spring Street (678-450-2760)
- Newnan: Room 352, 18 Greenville Street (678-423-3060)
- Rome: Room 304, 600 East First Street (706-378-4060)